This online course has been developed within the TELETURF project, an initiative funded by the European Union within the Erasmus+ Programme. The main objective of TELETURF is to complement the current training context of maintenance technicians and/ or managers of artificial turf sports facilities by providing them with knowledge to improve the safety and quality conditions of artificial turf sports fields, as well as to extend their useful life by improving their maintenance.
Warning: Last items in stock!
• To sports facility maintenance technicians.
• To heads of maintenance of sports facilities.
• To managers of sports facilities.
• To staff of municipal organisations related to sports management
(Both public/municipal facilities and private management)
• To know the different components of artificial turf sports fields.
• To learn basic biomechanical aspects to take into account when analysing artificial turf sports fields.
• Recognise and minimise the risk factors associated with player injuries.
• To view the main regulations on artificial turf sports fields.
• Plan and select the most appropriate procedures for proper maintenance of the facilities.
Module 1: Introduction and constructive elements of artificial turf surfaces
Module 2: Biomechanical aspects of artificial turf
Module 3: Technical function evaluation of artificial turf fields
Module 4: Sports function evaluation of artificial turf fields
Module 5: Regulations
Module 6: Maintenance of artificial turf fields
The course is taught by members of research and training of the IBV. Among the professionals that are integrated are university doctors, engineers, pedagogues and graduates in information sciences, with extensive teaching and sports management experience.
Software and hardware required: Computer with audio and internet connection, web browser and email.
Previous knowledge required: Basic management of a web browser.
The student who has passed the assessment will be awarded by a certificate of compleiton, issued by the Instituto de Biomecánica (IBV).