This course is aimed at presenting rehabilitators how biomechanics can provide new and complementary ways to manage physical rehabilitation in clinical contexts.
This course has been carried out under the support of the project Biomechanics4Rehab, which has been funded by the European Union through the Leonardo DaVinci Program (2013-1-TR1-LEO05-47549).
Advertencia: ¡Últimos artículos en inventario!
• To professionals of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
• Introduce students into the most useful biomechanical assessment methodologies in the context of a rehabilitation service.
• Review clinical cases where biomechanics is applied in the treatment of the most common impairments of the locomotor system.
• Learn the last technological advances used in the biomechanical valuation of locomotor disorders.
• Provide students with the ability of understanding the results from any biomechanical analysis.
• Learn the foundations of the biomechanical technology and its application as a tool to improve the rehabilitation process.
Introduction to biomechanical evaluation in clinical contexts:
• Clinical utility of Biomechanical Evaluation in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders
• Seven different pathologies will be introduced
-- Gait analysis of a lower limb amputee (prosthesis adaptation)
-- Carpal tunnel syndrome evaluation
-- Cervical Whiplash
-- Lumbar pain
-- Hallux Valgus
DATES: From 18th October to 18th de December 2018
Duration: 40 hours