This course is aimed at presenting rehabilitators how biomechanics can provide new and complementary ways to manage physical rehabilitation in clinical contexts.
[*] This course in not tutored.
Advertencia: ¡Últimos artículos en inventario!
• To professionals of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
• Introduce students into the most useful biomechanical assessment methodologies in the context of a rehabilitation service.
• Review clinical cases where biomechanics is applied in the treatment of the most common impairments of the locomotor system.
• Learn the last technological advances used in the biomechanical valuation of locomotor disorders.
• Provide students with the ability of understanding the results from any biomechanical analysis.
• Learn the foundations of the biomechanical technology and its application as a tool to improve the rehabilitation process.
Introduction to biomechanical evaluation in clinical contexts:
• Clinical utility of Biomechanical Evaluation in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders
• Seven different pathologies will be introduced:
- Gait analysis of a lower limb amputee (prosthesis adaptation)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome evaluation
- Cervical Whiplash
- Lumbar pain
- Hallux Valgus
Software and hardware required: Computer with audio and internet connection, web browser and email. Previous knowledge required: Basic management of a web browser.
The student who has passed the assessment will be awarded by a certificate of completion, issued by the Instituto de Biomecánica (IBV).